1. I understand that WriteToReel.com hereinafter referred to as “The Company” will not review any work without agreeing to this release.
2. I hereby grant The Company and its affiliates the right to read and evaluate the accompanying screenplay material (The Submission). I acknowledge that the submission was written by me (us). I also acknowledge that I (we) am (are) the sole owner(s) of this work and its copyright. I will indemnify The Company of and from any and all claims, loss or liability that may be asserted against The Company or incurred by The Company, at any time, in connection with said material, or any use thereof.
3. I understand that The Company and its affiliates are exposed to many stories, ideas, concepts and other literary materials, through this service and via other means. I also understand that many stories, ideas, and concepts are similar or identical, and that different stories, ideas, and concepts frequently relate to one or more common underlying themes and may closely resemble other works.
4. I understand and agree that I will not be entitled to any compensation or other consideration because of the use of such similar or identical material, stories, ideas, and/or concepts that may have come to The Company or its affiliates. I hereby release The Company and its affiliate from any and all claims, liabilities and demands that may be made by me asserting that The Company has used or appropriated The Submission, or any portion thereof.
5. I acknowledge that The Company recommends that I copyright my screenplay submission with the United States Copyright Office and/or register my screenplay submission with the Writer’s Guild of America. I also acknowledge that it is my responsibility to copyright or register the submission prior to submitting it to The Company and hereby release The Company from any claims that arise from my failure to do so.
6. I also attest that no confidential relationship is established by submitting this material to The Company. I understand that The Company and its affiliates are under no obligation other than to provide Literary Evaluation.
7. I understand that Literary Evaluation is a subjective process, allowing for reasonable disagreement as to the relative merits of the submission. I also understand that the evaluation may or may not be complimentary or positive in its judgment, and that the evaluation fee is non-refundable.
8. I understand that The Company may retain or destroy The Submission, and I acknowledge that I possess additional copies of same.
9. I understand and acknowledge that The Company is not obligated to assist me in any way with respect to negotiating the terms with respect to the purchase or the use of the Submission if a third party evidences an interest in purchasing or otherwise using the Submission. However, I understand and acknowledge that the foregoing does not preclude The Company from offering to serve as my agent with respect to such negotiations pursuant to terms and conditions which would be set forth in a separate agreement that would be executed by The Company and me, but it is understood and acknowledged that The Company would have no obligation to enter into such a separate agreement.
10. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to constitute either party a partner, employee or agent of the other, nor shall either party have authority to bind the other in any respect, it being intended that each party shall remain an independent contractor solely responsible for his or its own actions. Neither party shall be liable under any contracts of the other.
11. No provisions of this Agreement may be modified, waived or discharged unless such waiver, modification or discharge is agreed to in writing signed by The Company and me. No agreements or representations, oral or otherwise, express or implied, with respect to the subject matter hereof have been made by either party which are not set forth expressly in this Agreement and this Agreement constitutes the entire understanding and agreement between the parties with respect to all matters herein. Either party to this Agreement may assign or license his or its rights hereunder, but such assignment or license shall not relieve such party to his or its obligations hereunder.
12. I grant The Company the right to mention my name and the Submission on The Company’s website, or in any advertisement in any periodical, as evidence of any sale, option, license or other exploitation of the Submission that The Company facilitated on my behalf, without The Company having an obligation to pay any compensation to me.
13. I enter into this agreement with the express understanding that The Company agrees to read and evaluate said material in express reliance upon this agreement and my covenants, representatives and warranties contained herein, and that in the absence of such an agreement, The Company would not read and evaluate said material.
14. I hereby state that I have read and understand this agreement and that no oral representatives of any kind have been made to me, and that this agreement states our entire understanding with reference to the subject matter hereof.
By clicking the link below (and providing payment), you agree to the above Terms and Conditions.